Anyone can make fresh killer salsas with a few mix and match ingredients from the market. Pick one or two ingredients from each category, chop, dice, mix and adjust seasonings. You’ll have a fresh salsa on the table in 15 minutes. Serve with anything or […]
Tag: sweet peppers
Easy slow cooker pulled pork with three peppers is so versatile. Make a large batch ahead of time and freeze it for quick meals. The slow cooker does all the work while you get out of the hot kitchen and play at the beach. I […]
Easy grilled shrimp with sweet peppers over pasta that you can throw together for a quick week night Mexican meal or a Baja fiesta with friends. Shrimp is readily available and affordable in Baja, about half the price that I pay in the U.S., so you don’t have to save them for special occasions. They are a low fat versatile protein source for any healthy Mexican meal. The sweet bell peppers are a colorful source of antioxidants, vitamin A and C, and fiber. A grill basket works well but you could easily make these into kabobs. If you follow a low carb or Paleo diet serve the shrimp over salad greens or zuddles. I rarely eat pasta but a small portion of spaghetti was a welcome addition to this meal.
A crisp Mexican vino blanco from Valle de Guadelupe, a Mexican lager or a tart margarita would pair well. Add a salad and fruit for a nutritious meal that’s sure to please any crowd.
I’m taking my new blog and my original recipe to Fiesta Friday’s blog party and #FishFridayFoodie. Grab a cold pop and join us.
Healthy Mexican Grilled Spicy Shrimp Sweet Pepper Pasta
Grilled shrimp, sweet peppers tossed over pasta for an easy week night or guest ready meal.
- 16 ounces raw shrimp
- 2 cups diced red, yellow and or orange bell peppers
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 8 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Step 1 Prepare shrimp by deveining and removing the shells if you desire. I prefer to leave the shells on if your guests don’t mind peeling them after serving. You can also ask your fish monger to peel and devein your shrimp.
- Step 2 Toss shrimp with garlic, spices, squeeze of one lime and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside. Don’t left the shrimp marinade longer than 20 minutes because the lime will “cook” the shrimp. Boil water for pasta and cook al dente.
- Step 3 Chop peppers and onion. Combine with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and a dash of salt. Grill vegetables in a grilling basket over direct medium heat until soft, about 7 minutes. Add shrimp and marinade to the vegetables and continue to grill until shrimp are uniformly pink, about 5 minutes. Drain pasta and stir in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter. Mix chopped cilantro into shrimp and vegetables and serve over pasta. Garnish with lime wedges.
Pin It For Later
Before you go subscribe so you never miss a recipe.