Make this easy spicy Baja ahi (yellow fin) tuna sushi tower with fresh fish, perfect sushi rice, siracha mayo and avocado.
A lunch or appetizer portion that’s sure to impress your guests. No need to roll and cut sushi, unless you like to make sushi then go for it. Actually making sushi with your friends does sound like a great way to get messy in the kitchen. Either way you get to eat spicy Baja sushi.
I’m taking my easy sushi recipe to Fiesta Friday to share. Have you tried the Tailwind app for Pinterest and Instagram? I opened a new tribe called Healthy Recipes for Healthy Families. Here’s your personal invitation to join my Tailwind tribe.
With Tailwind you can manage your Pinterest boards with ease and set up perfect pinning schedules. I’m loving this new application! Check it out and join my tribe.
Enough about me, here’s the easy sushi recipe I promised.
I found the perfect foolproof sushi rice recipe at MakeMySushi.com.
Make the sushi rice before preparing the fish and let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes in advance of assembling the towers. Chop serrano and green onions and mix with mayonnaise, lime juice and siracha. Cut tuna into small dice and mix with spicy sauce. Slice avocado. Assemble towers; the fish goes first in the pan followed by the rice. Pat rice down over fish. Invert onto your serving dish or onto individual plates. Gentle remove springform pan. Garnish with avocado slices and green onions. Serve with wasabi paste and soy sauce.
Easy Sushi, Spicy Baja Tuna in Sushi Towers
Spicy tuna towers over sushi rice. Easy sushi recipe.
- Sushi rice, uncooked 2 cups
- Rice vinegar, unseasoned, 1/4 cup
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Fresh raw ahi (yellow fin) tuna, 16 ounces, may substitute any sushi grade tuna, jack or salmon
- Mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons
- Siracha, 2 teaspoons or to taste
- Serrano chili, 1 teaspoon minced
- Green onion, 1 tablespoon sliced thinly
- Lime juice, 2 teaspoons
- Avocado, 1/2 sliced
- Wasabi paste and soy sauce on the side
- Step 1 Rinse rice until several times until water is clear. Combine 2 cups of rice and 2 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, stirring once. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Step 2 Heat vinegar, sugar and salt until solids dissolve. Stir vinegar mixture into hot rice and combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Step 3 Dice fish and combine with remaining ingredients except avocado.
- Step 4 Divide fish into 4 inch springform pans (4). Top fish with prepared sushi rice and pat down with a spoon or a flat based measuring cup to compress the rice.
- Step 5 Invert pan onto serving dish and open springform. Gently remove pan and base. Garnish with avocado slices and serve with wasabi and soy sauce on the side.
PIN IT and Please share this post. I’m so happy with the delicious results.