Crab, eggs, Swiss cheese, bell pepper and Cajun seasoning baked in a golden pie crust. This is a deliciously rich quiche for special occasions. I made it for my son’s birthday brunch and served it with no nitrate chicken sausages, watermelon slices, baby greens in a red wine vinaigrette and mimosas.
I love Fresh Pacific crab but it isn’t always available in Baja so if you find it, grab it. I used canned crab meat for this brunch worthy Cajun spiced quiche and it was still delicious. Substitute cooked shrimp or any firm fish for the crab meat to put a Baja spin on this seafood quiche. There are lots of recipes for Cajun seasoning and you may need to make it yourself. The seasoning usually contain paprika, salt, garlic, onion, thyme, black pepper and cayenne. I haven’t found prepared pie crust in Baja but since I’m spoiled at the moment in Nevada, I bought the crust. I love this post on pie crust comparisons. Serve the quiche with salad and fruit for a complete brunch or dinner meal.
Cajun Crab Quiche
Cajun spiced crab quiche for a special brunch or a weekend dinner.
- 1 prepared pie crust, unbaked
- 6 ounces crab meat, fresh or canned
- 4 ounces grated Swiss cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, separated. 1/2 diced and the remaining sliced for garnish.
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning, like Tony Chachere's Original. (A combination of paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and cayenne.)
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sauté chopped peppers, green onion and jalapeño in olive oil until soft. Let cool.
- Step 2 Combine crab, cheese, chopped vegetables and seasoning. Place crab and cheese mixture into prepared pie crust. Beat eggs with whipping cream until frothy. Pour eggs and cream over crab mixture. Arrange pepper slices over pie.
- Step 3 Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Don’t open the oven door and bake for an additional 35 minutes or until the quiche is lightly browned and set in the middle. Serve warm or at room temperature.
PIN IT FOR LATER