Are you having trouble keeping your Maintain Don’t Gain promise? Maybe these strategies will help.
1) Crank up the holiday music and dance as if no one is watching. Close the drapes just in case. If you need dance ideas, watch “White Christmas” with Bing and Rosemary Clooney and follow that weird sequence of modern dance in the middle that you usually sleep through. (Or is that just me?)
2) Get wild in the Kitchen. Put cat food in your jello salad; a calorie bargain. No, I don’t have the recipe but watch “Christmas Vacation” and Aunt Bethany will show you how’s it’s done.
3) Organize a neighborhood “Griswald Christmas 5K” unless your exterior illumination is sub par then jog by yourself and make snide comments about the neighbors’ electrical bills.
4) Bake cookies in a bikini. 👙 It keeps others out of the kitchen while you create and it might limit the number of cookies you eat before they go into the oven. Or it could lead to an interesting extra curricular activity that burns calories too. 😉
5) Swim with sharks. The faster the better.
6) Buy the Zombie Run app for your smart phone and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Best done at night because fear burns more calories.
7) Watch “Four Christmases” and then practice your cage fighting moves on your sister.
8) Aerobic gift wrapping. Drink 3 espressos and get’r done. You know that you aren’t even close to finished. Just do it. Reward yourself with a glass of wine if you suffer no paper cuts.
9) Take a vow to only eat food that you have harvested or killed with your bare hands. Also known as a Paleo Diet. Fish for marlin, there’s an aerobic hunting activity. Vegans, weed the garden, it’s cruelty free and burns calories.
10) Learn to ice skate, the outfits are tight and super cute. If there’s no ice rink, skate in the pool. It’s fun, try it. There’s no chance of freezing or falling on hard ice.
Pin it for later. You might like my Wellness and SelfCare Pinterest Board.