Grilled chicken breast marinated in homemade yogurt ranch dressing, wrapped in bacon and tossed with fresh spinach, avocado, and tomatoes. Drizzle more yogurt ranch dressing for a main meal salad inspired by a California Club sandwich.
This is a low carb, whole food meal with healthy substitutions of low-fat Greek yogurt dressing, no nitrate bacon and skinless chicken breasts.
Make chipotle pepper ranch dressing by adding 1/2 to 1 chipotle pepper and a teaspoon of adobe sauce. Heat it up!
I’m sharing my salad at Fiesta Friday.
Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad
Grilled chicken breasts marinated in yogurt ranch dressing and wrapped in bacon. Serve over salad greens and avocado for a main meal salad.
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 4 bacon slices, nitrate free
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 cups salad greens, any combination, spinach, kale, arugula, romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup plain 2% or fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot or green onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Step 1 Slice each chicken breasts length wise into two pieces. Mix yogurt, mayonnaise and seasonings for the marinade and dressing. Place 1/2 cup of dressing/marinade over chicken breasts and marinade 2-24 hours.
- Step 2 Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Pre-cook bacon in the microwave for 2 minutes, discard bacon fat. Wrap each breast in a slice of bacon. Grill chicken and bacon on medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes, carefully turning once.
- Step 3 Assemble salad greens in a serving bowl or platter. Top with avocado and tomato slices. Slice chicken breasts and assemble over salad greens. Drizzle with remaining yogurt ranch dressing. Serve immediately while chicken is warm.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Before you go, subscribe to receive every recipe. No spam and that’s a promise.